* Winners will be selected in a random draw and notified via email or telephone.
Call 902-629-4014 to share your own tips to be entered to win!
Residential Water Meter ProgramWant more control over your water bill?
To protect Charlottetown’s water supply and reduce overall water consumption, the Charlottetown Water and Sewer Utility requires all flat-rate customers to switch to a metered service.
The City launched a Residential Water Meter Program to make the switch easier for Utility customers. Customers can switch now and start to pay only for the water they use.
To learn more about our Residential Water Meter Program click here.
TipsSometimes making a big change can seem like a big challenge. When it comes to reducing the waste of water, every drop counts. Start your Water Friendly routine with our tips and you may be surprised at just how much of a difference you can make.
1. Wash your car with a bucket and sponge rather than using a hose. Save up to 300L of water every time.
2. Re-wear clothing that doesn't get dirty or try to cut down the number of loads of laundry you do per week.
4. If you see a leaky faucet or toilet in a public washroom alert the staff.
5. Rinse recyclables in your used dishwater and not under running water.
6. Install aerators on your taps that control the amount of water that flows.
8. When purchasing a new dishwasher or clothes washers look for the most water efficient model. Look for WaterSense products.
9. Put a few drops of food colouring in your toilet tank, in 10 minutes if the colour of the water in the bowl has changed you have a leak. Save up to 126L.
11. If you have an older model toilet, fill a plastic bottle with rocks to displace some of the water in the tank.
12. Turn off the water in the shower while you lather.
14. Think of creative ways to collect water to water plants – rain barrels, left over water in drinking glasses, collecting water that runs while the shower heats up.
16. Don't let the tap run while shaving. Save up to 38L.
17. Never spray off your driveway and walkways, always use a broom instead.
19. Never use your toilet as a trash can. Unnecessary flushing of the toilet even once a day can waste up to 1,000 litres of water per year.
20. Replace your showerhead with a low-flow water efficient model.
Save up to 95L.